The ISO/TS 16949 standard is the consensus of international quality requirements, which consists of policies and procedures that ensures worldwide consistence with the suppliers of parts, materials, or finishing services. ISO/TS 16949:2009, in conjunction with ISO 9001:2008, defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products. Automotive manufacturers assure quality by requiring registration to automotive quality standards that provide quality assurance.
ISO/TS 16949:2002 is the latest automotive quality standard which was developed to be a new universally accepted quality standard for automobile suppliers. ISO/TS 16949:2009 is applicable to sites of the organization where customer-specified parts, for production and/or service, are manufactured. The ISO/TS16949 standard, specifies the quality system requirements for the design, development, production, installation and servicing of automotive related products. Vehicle component manufacturers have to achieve this standard to be able to supply to the world's largest automotive manufacturers.
- Increased efficiency and improved quality
- Common quality system approach in the supply chain for development and consistency.
- Adherence to the compliance to customer specific requirements
- Ensuring that the organization works more effectively
- Reduction of variation and increase in efficiency
- Reduction in multiple third party registrations freeing up time & supplier resources for other quality activities